Do you regard grant writing as the tedium that dare not speak its name?
Frustrated by rejected grant proposals or just looking to improve your award?
Not even sure where to start?
Attend our panel discussion featuring professionals on both sides of the application process and learn the basics of developing a successful proposal.
- Learn best practices!
- Find out how to build relationships with grantors!
- Hear true confessions from grant writers and reviewers!
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Cost: $5 to be paid at the door, free to EAL Members
- Jesús Pantel - Jesús Pantel is a Contract Compliance Specialist Senior with the City of Austin Cultural Arts Division where he manages the Cultural Arts Funding Programs. Jesús is familiar with both sides of arts funding, having worked as Grant Writer for Pittsburgh’s multidisciplinary Squonk Opera. He has reviewed funding applications for the Cities of Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, as well as the Texas Commission on the Arts.
- Meagan Longley - Meagan Longley is the Director of Grants and Scholarships at Austin Community Foundation. In this role, she oversees all of the programmatic elements of the foundation. This includes ACF’s competitive grantmaking, working with the Women’s Fund of Central Texas, the Summer STEM Collaborative, and managing the foundation’s scholarship program.
- Marisol Foster - Marisol Foster is the Associate Director for the Webber Family Foundation, a private foundation that focuses on supporting lower-income youth to perform at the highest levels of achievement in academics and the arts. Since 2008, Marisol has managed the foundation’s portfolio for grants in Austin, TX and Washington, DC.
- April 29, 2015 at 7pm – 8:30pm
Mitte Foundation Carriage House
1008 West Ave
Austin, TX 78701
Google map and directions
- 38 people are going