Emerging Leaders Scholarship
Our micro-scholarships give talented and ambitious performers, writers, visual artists, and arts administrators the boost they need to advance their careers and cultivate their creative impact on the community.
The goal of the scholarship is to serve as a support to Austin’s early-career arts professionals to cultivate a network of strong, knowledgeable arts leaders in Austin.
- Must be a member of Austin Emerging Arts Leaders (Become a Member)
- Must have at least one year, but less than 10 years, full time experience in arts or arts administration
- May not be a full time student
- Must be a resident of the Greater Austin area (includes Travis, Williamson, Bastrop, Caldwell, Blanco, Hays counties)
What the Scholarship will fund
- Professional Development Workshops/Classes
- Conference/Seminar Attendance
- Professional Association Membership
- Artist Application Fees
Scholarship applications are open twice a year. Awardees may only receive funds once in a calendar year. The scholarships will be awarded based on financial need. If awarded, you will be required to complete a brief report, which will be due 30 days after the completion of the funded activity.
The scholarships will be given out in amounts up to $200.
We accept two cycles of applications per year. The spring application is for activities taking place between July 1 and December 31; the fall application is for activities taking place between January 1 and June 30.
Applicants must submit their resume and the completed application form by email to email@example.com.
The application deadline is December 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm.