AUSTIN EMERGING ARTS LEADERS
2020-2021 MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Austin Emerging Arts Leaders identifies and cultivates the next generation of arts leaders by developing inclusive systems for creative and professional growth. Central to this mission, each year approximately five emerging artists and arts administrators are selected and paired with established mentors to build relationships which aid their personal, professional, and creative development.
Applicants for the Austin EAL Mentorship Program must:
- Identify as an artist, arts administrator, or be working toward a career in the arts
- Live within a 25 mile radius of Austin
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be within the first 10 years of their arts career
This application is open to all. We aim for our programs to ensure that all people — including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, differing ability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion — are represented in the Austin arts community and leadership. We particularly encourage individuals who identify with historically underrepresented identities to apply. We also understand that "within the first ten years of your creative career" may be realized at different times in different individuals lives, and may embody the creation of art, or its administration.
-Mentees are selected first and then paired with a mentor based on areas of desired artistic and professional growth, as facilitated through conversations with Austin EAL Board.
- Seven month mentorship for artists and arts administrators in the first ten years of their careers in the arts.
- Mentors and mentees will meet at least seven times over the seven-month period. Meeting times are flexible and based on the scheduling preferences of the mentor and mentee, but must be dispersed in a manner to allow for progress.
- Each mentorship is different and will be tailored to the creative and professional goals of the mentee, but goals will be established through the run of the program and regular communication with an EAL board liaison is required. Attendance at additional gatherings or events, as well as participation in a culmination event at the end of the program, will be recommended and/or required; details of expectations will be shared with selected participants.
June 30: Application Deadline
July 1 - 31: Phone Call Interviews with Mentee Finalists
August 1: Mentees selected
August 31: Mentor and Mentee pairs announced
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Applications are currently closed. We look forward to chatting with you next year!***